We all know how important it is to warm up before exercising, yet people still continue to go out for a jog without stretching a muscle. Without stretching you will be at further risk of injury, and nobody wants that, it could leave you out of action for months! So, if you’re not sure about how to warm up, we’re going to share 5 effective warm ups that with help you to feel ready for a rigorous fitness boot camp or your daily exercise regime!
- Kneeling Extension Rotation great for warming up!
- Kneel down and place your palms flat to the floor so that you are on all fours; make sure that your back is flat and not arched, keeping your arms straight. Lift your right hand and place it on the back of your head, keep your left arm straight; rotate from your shoulders so that the elbow of your right arm points inwards.
- Reverse the movement, ensuring that your elbow points towards to ceiling through your turn. Performat least 10 repetitions on each side of your body.
- Static Stretches
- Every good warm up regime should include stretching; so that your muscles are warmed up ready for action. Do a number of static stretches for your legs and arms.
Here are couple of examples:
- Shoulder stretch – Start by interlocking your fingers and stretch your arms above your head. Keep your lower back flat or with a very slight arch.
- Chest Stretch – Place your hands together behind your back, then carefully straighten your elbows and raising your arms as high as possible – do not overstretch yourself.
- Quadriceps Stretch –Stand upright and clasp your ankle whilst pulling your heel into your bottom – you can hold onto the wall or a chair for extra balance. Repeat for the other leg.
- Side Leg Swings
- Stand straight and tall whilst holding onto the back of a chair or the wall to remain balanced. Keep one foot planted on the ground (start with the right if you can’t decide) lift the opposite leg and swing it back and forth across your body. Be careful not to be too vigorous with your movements!
- Shoulder Rotation
- Stand with your legs a shoulder width apart keeping your arms straight by your sides.
- Simply rotate your shoulders clockwise and counter clockwise; perform around 20 reps of this warm up in each direction.
- Jumping Jacks
- Jumping jacks are a great way to increase your heart rate; however, they can be quite strenuous therefore, ensure you do a few stretches beforehand.
- To begin stand with your arms by your sides and your legs close together then jump spreading your legs apart and raising your arms above your head before returning to the starting possession, repeat this again and again.
So, whenever you exercise, make sure that you take the time to stretch and warm up! We love our warm-ups here at Fresh Start. These are only 5 of the many warm up exercises that you can perform before exercising; make sure that you do them. You can learn more from us at Thailand Fitness Bootcamp, just book your fantastic fitness getaway today or get in contact with us for further information.